Did you know that the library has a large selection of audiobooks for you to check out? Check out the Audiobooks list in the catalog, or search for your favorite title and look for an AV call number and icon. Instructions for accessing the online audiobooks are available on the Technology Cheat Sheets page.
There are also free audiobooks available online. Check out the sites below!
We now have a music listening library! Stop down and check out our new collection of music, created by Mr. Hess and Mrs. Markofski. Want to listen to something different? We have jazz, blues, classical, vocal, opera, show tunes, and more! A full list of the available music can be found in the library catalog, under the resource list Listening Library, or you can stop down and browse to your hearts's content!
Search the Library Catalog
Access the library catalog from home! Use the link below to search for books, ebooks, audio books, and more.
Welcome to the OJRMS Library
About the Library
Welcome to the Middle School Library! As a Middle School student you may use the library for book exchange, research, homework assistance, and as a reading space. The library is open at various times during the school day to study, read, and check out and return books.
- The library is open daily from 7:10 until 3:00.
- The library is open after school until 3:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays when the activity bus is running.
- Any student who wants to work in the library after school on those days should bring a note from their parent to give to the front office, and may ride the 4:00 activity bus.
Circulation and Fines
- Materials from the general collection are circulated for two weeks and may be renewed as often as needed as long as there is not a hold placed on the book. Should there be a hold for the material, it can be renewed one time.
- All reference books may be checked out at the end of the school day for overnight use and must be returned the next morning.
- Magazines are available for reading in the library but do not circulate.
- Students are expected to return library materials on time. Students with overdue materials will lose the privilege of borrowing or renewing library materials until their obligations are fulfilled.
- Students will be held responsible for the cost or replacement of lost or damaged library materials checked out in their name.
Library Rules and Procedures
- You must have a pass to visit the library after 7:30.
- When you enter the library, you sign your name, the time and the name of the teacher who sent you on the sign-in/out sheet.
- When you leave the library, you must get your pass signed again and put the time on the sign-in/out sheet.
- When you visit the library, you are expected to have something to do, whether it is checking out or returning a book, reading, studying or research. If you are not keeping busy, you will be sent back to class.
- Library computers are to be used responsibly. Using the computer for activty that is not school appropriate will result in you being asked to leave the library, and may result in you losing your network privileges.
Summer Reading Assignment
Summer Reading Assignment
Looking for your summer reading assignment? All of the information you need can be found in the documents below. To find books in your local library, visit the Chester County Library website.
Photo via xoan seoane, CC0 Public Domain License